What is Podfade?
When you suddenly stop creating and producing podcast episodes, and never get back to it.
Yes, this is a real “thing” a lot of people become overwhelmed with the amount of work or time commitment that it takes to produce a podcast.
Many podcasters stop producing episodes after episode 6.
Today 5 Quick Tips to Help You Avoid Podfade.
- Plan. Have you planned your podcast to the last detail? Do you have a clear podcast “why”. Can you identify the person your podcast is supposed to reach? Who is your podcast for?
- Time. Don’t underestimate in the beginning how long it will take. No just recording straight into your app isn’t the answer. How long does it take to do each piece? I’ve built this business out of the part ppl find the most time consuming-podcast editing.
- Schedule it. What will you do when? When will you record? When will you edit, do your scheduling? When will you plan social media and promotion and execute it?
- Batch record. If at all possible this is a lifesaver. Have your episodes ready to go.
- Be patient with yourself. There’s a learning curve for everyone. I’m a better editor than I was last year. You will get better at recording, interviewing and creating content. You need to be patient and kind to yourself.