I think each podcast needs a newsletter. Why?
You always want your audience to know what’s happening in your pod world and with your show. When people give you their email, you can be sure they want to hear from you and support you.
What really prompted this post was the “dark day” when I couldn’t post to my IG account (www.instagram.com/the_podcast_maven) and I was totally locked out from FB.
I could see other people’s posts on IG but I couldn’t log in to my account, it was annoying. I run an online business this is how people find out about me and what I do.
No matter how small your list it’s important to keep in contact with people who have asked for your content.
What To Put In Your Newsletter
This is the part I find tough as I don’t consider myself a content creator but of course tell them
- What’s coming up in your show.
- Can you link to content that they can only access if they are on your list?
- A training they might be interested in
- An opportunity to participate in your show
- They can have a question answered on your show
- Have the chance to get a shout-out
- A member-only competition for your subscribers
You can also include snapshots from your life if that’s appropriate when I post pictures of my dog she gets far more likes than I do!!!
Don’t just use as an opportunity to promo and run think of it as another thread of the conversation. One that you have real control over.